Wednesday 5 February 2014

Whom Should I Blame!!!!


Whom Should I Blame!!

On February 5th 2014 I woke up early in morning as per routine to join my daily regimental activities. I was about to leave when my Bearer (Batman) reminded me that today is “Kashmir Solidarity Day” a Public holiday. I got freeze on the spot and a wave of anger, guilt and grief agitated my whole body. Heavy heartedly and in anguished state of mind I asked myself “ How can I forget this day?”. A day that I have been remembering since my childhood. I wasn't having any satisfactory answer to that.

Kashmir Solidarity Day is being observed since 1990 to commemorate the brutal killing of 51 Innocent Kashmiri’s in Massacre  on 21 January 1990 after the enforcement of “Governor Raj” in Kashmir. Kashmir issue is the core issue between India and Pakistan and three battles have been fought between them since 1947 just because of the this issue. As per the statistics, in last 24 years 93979 innocent Kashmiri’s have been martyred, 107466 children have been orphaned, 10084 women have been raped and 7014 Kashmiri’s have been killed while in custody.

Pakistan’s Government(Govt.) as well as the people have always stood by their commitment on the Kashmir issue. Pakistan’s domestic as well as foreign policy has always been directed towards resolution of Kashmir issue as per the aspirations of Kashmiri people. The cause of Kashmir has been standing as the highest priority for Pakistan. On international forum including the UN as well as its agencies and the Human Rights Organizations of the world, Pakistan has always been advocating the right of self-determination for the people of Kashmir vehemently. But in recent decades or so if we look towards the stance of Pakistan on Kashmir issue we don’t see any Major development. Pakistani Govt. and even the people to some extent have started accepting the present Kashmir situation.

The reason of Pakistan’s silence on this issue to me is, Pakistan’s Internal       security situation but , isn’t Kashmir the Part of Pakistan? I have always been a staunch supporter of  Kashmir as part of Pakistan and I will be!!!! But the silence of Pakistan on National and International Forum haunts me.


Why are we pretending that Kashmir is not a major issue? What steps are we taking at resolving Kashmir issue? We Have locked this issue in a safe and we are pretending that we have lost the keys of the safe and we are just sleeping around the safe. As soon as we’ll find the keys and take it out , but I wonder we don’t get that much late in finding the keys , once we’ll open the safe to take it out it would have been stolen!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. where Pakistan stood on Kashmir issue ...Pakistan is hypocrite country only...we need complete freedom from Pakistan,India and china.if you look Kashmir history then Pakistan is child in front of Kashmir...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brother Imran Aziz u have ur opinion n i respect that... No doubt kashmir had remain a great state in past but at present kashmir is splited btween pakistan india and china... I myself wish n pray that kashmir should unite again but i am of the opinion that it should b part of pakistan.. now coming over to ur point that where Pakistan stood for Kashmir? Pakistan has been supporting Kashmir on all forums even main cause of 1965 war was kashmir.. there might be lapses on part of Pakistan but still we need pakistan n pakistan needs us..

      Delete