Monday 24 February 2014

Kashmir - I am Torn , I Bleed!!!!



I am torn and I bleed

When I was one,

I enjoyed the birds chirping, flying In my blue sky

I enjoyed the blossom of flowers, giving the pleasant smell

When I was one,

I enjoyed the freshness of waters, running, down my high steeps

I enjoyed snow on my high mountain, encircling me from all sides

I enjoyed my rivers and lakes, running and singing beautiful songs

I enjoyed the sweetest taste of my fruit trees

When I was one,

I enjoyed my people weaving and wearing colorful clothes,

I enjoyed my people playing instruments, to create a rhythm in my winds

I enjoyed the beauty of my valleys, having magical effect on my visitors

I enjoyed the oar creating waves in my lakes

I enjoyed the running boats and floating lotus in my waters

When I was one,

I enjoyed my people sitting on finest carpets,

Wearing precious pashmina, enjoying delicious food and pinkish tea

I enjoyed my people dwelling my houseboats 

I enjoyed my vast fields of saffron coloring my lands

I enjoyed the purity of my waters

And freshness of my airs

I enjoyed the pride of my lash green valleys

Mesmerizing high peaks and shining water
An

Unmatched beauty
A Paradise on Earth

Now I am torn

My beautiful birds either migrated or forgot to sing

My trees are cut down to pave road for the movement of cops

To destroy my soul , my beauty and make me to bleed

 my rivers are red with the blood of my people

they are stop to flow as they want

Despite lotus I witness floating, rotten bodies’ tortured brutally of my people

My people are now wearing white and buried under my soil

My orchids have turned into graveyards

And I listen to the morns of women

Crying and dying for being humiliated

My youth standing against injustice for their rights

Chanting slogans and getting shots on their chests

Heavy chain of pain have bowed me

I am Torn and I bleed

To see my people divided across the roads

Waiting for the day when they will be together again.

I ask for the return of my beauty , my peace , my pride

Waiting for people across globe 


sitting in UN to know the wishes of my people 

I await the day when my birds start singing again 
and 
people will travel thousand of miles to see me glowing

I am torn and wish to be together again.


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, one day in sha Allah the glory of Kashmir will return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tree that bears the sweetest fruits gets maximum number of stones ......... i pray that these red days may convert to golden days ....

    ReplyDelete