Sunday 11 January 2015

Easy Potato Cutlet: #Recipe




Today I will tell you how I make easy potato cutlet. I hope you will enjoy this quick recipe.

All you need for this recipe;
  • Mashed potatoes ( 3 medium size)
  • Onion bulb ( small)
  • Coriander
  • 1 Egg medium size, lightly beaten
  • 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
  • 1 Teaspoons chopped green Chili ( or according to taste- optional)
  • Cumin seeds ( optional)
  • Coriander powder or seeds ( optional)
  • ½ cup all purpose Flour or bread crumbs
  • Salt ( according to taste)
  • Black pepper ( according to taste)
  • Vegetable oil, for pan-frying


These(in picture on the right) are some optional ingredients that you can add. 




Directions:


The best thing that I like is, main ingredient is potato little salt and pepper, rest whatever you want to add to enhance the taste is up to you.

 The way, that I normally use is;

You can use leftover potatoes or boil them until soft. Peel them and mash them in a large bowl, add salt and all other spices you want. Then combine them well with hands.

After mixing leave the mixture for an hour in fridge and then divide whole mixture in 6 equal parts. For each portion roll a compact ball and then flatten and make any shape that you like. Beat one egg and then dip the cutlet in this and after wards roll in all purpose flour or bread crumbs.

Now they are ready to fry. Normally I do not deep fry I just add few tablespoons (3-4) of vegetable oil on platter or sauté pan over medium heat.


Fry the cutlet, in batches of 2 or 4, until golden brown and crispy. They are ready and you can serve them hot with ketchup or chili or hot sauce and tea. 


Note:

You can add boiled and drained chicken, vegetables like, peas, carrot, corn etc. to enhance the taste. You can prepare this mixture or cutlet and keep in fridge in air tight container and fry them when you need. You can use in sandwich too. 

21 comments:

  1. hi andleeb; my family cooks what we call salmon croketts. they sound similar to these except they use salmon and flour. and i applaud you for no longer deep frying them. it doesn't always take big changes to eat healthier. keep up the good work, max

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello max. I will definitely check the recipe of salmon croketts.
      I always try many things.

      Thank you for appreciating

      Delete
  2. Looks yummy . . . .
    Will print the recipe and try it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Safari on the blog

      I hope you will love it.

      Thank you for your time & comment .

      Delete
  3. just tried the recipe its really easy and delicious thank for sharing. keeping sharing such type of easy recipies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Shafaq

      I am happy to hear that.

      Thank you for letting me know.

      Delete
  4. Seems Yummy
    I like them a lot but this recipe seems easier than mine
    i will try this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will like it too.

      Thank you for your time.

      Delete
  5. Yummy! This potato recipe sounds delicious and I do love potatoes. This recipe reminds me of potato latkes (potato pancakes) although the recipe for potato latkes is a bit more elaborate. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Michele

      I hope you will try and like this easy recipe. In pancakes we normally add cheese and use with sour cream but this you can eat without anything. But little dip in Ketchup can boost the taste.

      Delete
  6. These sound so yummy! Reading the recipe made my mouth water a little:) This looks much easier than the ones I have been making...have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jacquie
      They really are very easy to make. I hope you will love the taste and feel good to make them as they are easy.

      Thank you for your comment and time, I really appreciate.

      Delete
  7. This recipe looks great. I will definitely try this. It reminds me a bit of potato pancakes, but spiced differently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Donna
      Yes I think this is more simple than pan cakes. I hope you will like these.

      Thank you for your time.

      Delete
  8. I'm made something similar for my daughter - if I spice it just right, she is happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always great to cook something that kids like. I have a small 4 years old daughter and she love it.
      Thank you Leora for your time.

      Delete
  9. Yummy! I will definitely try this.
    And the recipe is easy which is what I like.
    Thank you Andleeb x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Safari On the Blog
      I hope you will like the taste too.
      Thank you.

      Delete
  10. These look fantastic. It's always tricky not to have them fall apart, so can't wait to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello A.k. Andrew

      I am not that good cook, but I love to try things. But if the potatoes are mashed properly then normally they do not fall apart + egg is there to give them coating and protection. I hope you will like them.

      Delete
  11. I've never had a potato cutlet before. It sounds very good!

    ReplyDelete