Wednesday 11 October 2023

Teachers & Importance of Education





 When
I reached my office today, one of my colleague, wished me Teacher’s Day. I was happy to know about this important day and I wished her back. I have written a post about International Teachers Day, you can check that here.


Many days are celebrated internationally each day and there was the time when, I used to think that, it is useless to celebrate such day. But slowly  I came to realize if teacher’s day is important for me, rest will be important for many others, even if not me. Then I started admiring all the celebrated day expect those that contradict with the teachings of  my religion like Valentine’s Day.

I believe that celebration of any particular day internationally reminds us to acknowledge and admire the importance and efforts of any person and event in our lives like; Mother’s day, Father’s Day, Women’s Day, Children’s Day etc.

Coming back to the point, I believe after our parents the person, who is most important in our lives is our teacher.

If parents feed our body then teachers feed our soul and mind. We are pretty sure that how much important is the development of our mind and thoughts with our body.
Islam has special importance for teachers and it can be noted by the fact that Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) described him as a teacher to humanity.

A lot of emphasis is on the respect and importance of education in Islam. When first revelation was sent to Prophet Muhammad ( P.B.U.H) it was about reading;
“ Read, Read with the name of your Lord who has created you. “

* I am thankful to Almighty Allah that He has given me a chance to see the city of my beloved Prophet Muhammad(P.B.U.H) Madinah Manawarah .
In a Hadith it is said,
Seek knowledge from the cradle to the grave.”
In another Hadith it is stated;
“ Acquire knowledge, even if, you have to travel to China.”

1400 years ago, traveling to China was a big challenge, so this example was given to emphasize the importance and need of education and to overcome any hardship in the way of the education.


I feel myself to be blessed as many wonderful teachers, teach me throughout my life. They gave me motivation to move on and move forward. Who teach me to face challenges. Who teach me to become what I am today. I am happy with the fact that I got some amazing teachers in my life. After I saw their kindness and passion to take the profession of Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H), I decided to join this profession as well.

I strongly believe that teaching is a sacred profession and profession of prophets. It is not just about giving bookish knowledge to students but giving them a way of life. It is about telling to students about the importance of life and teaching them how they can be beneficial to the society and humanity.

Education opens our mind and help us to see the things in a broader prospective. It teach us to work hard to bring positive change in the world.

Here, we cannot deny the fact that there are some teachers who have made this sacred profession as business and do not care much about rest but their heavy pocket. There are black sheep everywhere. But we cannot deny the importance of education and a good teacher and few cannot make us forget about the sacrifices of many because of whose efforts we are living in a life eased with technology.

I want to take this opportunity to thank all wonderful teachers all around the world and specially amazing teachers that I have met with.

Thank you! Thank you for your efforts, honesty, devotion, dedication and hard work. Thank you for everything!


No comments:

Post a Comment