Thursday 5 March 2015

#Kashmir: Fresh waters of Pallandri.


I was wondering what to share on blog today. Then on my Facebook news feed page, I came across a beautiful picture of my area Pallandri, Azad Kashmir, shared by my cousin. The picture of waterfall was amazing. I asked him if he can send me the pictures. He whats app me all his pictures and I thought to share with you as well.


Many of you may not be aware about Kashmir

You may be wondering about the word, check here to know about origin and meaning of Kashmir. Just as a short introduction here; Kashmir is a disputed area and divided between India and Pakistan since 1947. People of Kashmir are struggling to get their right of self determination and Kashmir has been torn and is bleeding. There is no one who wants to listen to, what people of Kashmir wish for. Apart from being the oldest unsolved issue on the charter of United Nations,  Kashmir is famous because of its magical beauty and fresh-waters. There are many lakes and rivers in Kashmir. 

You can check a video from different amazing places of Kashmir here. 

In a previous blog post I have written about Pallandri, it is the head quarter of District Sudhnoti. You can check the post about Pallandri here. The winter of Pallandri is as beautiful as its spring. There is another post about winter in Pallandri, I hope you will check that too. The winter is cold and full of snow. I have also shared about the snow of my area that I used to enjoy during my childhood. You can enjoy that post here.
Now after checking above link, you may know little bit about Kashmir and a small town Pallandri. Now its time to come back to today's post. You can see some incredible pictures of waterfalls in this post. This water is actual beauty of Pallandri and Kashmir as a whole. I am always happy to see such scenes while travelling to Pallandri. Still the beautiful sound of flowing water is like a music to my ears. The freshness of falling cold waters, takes the breath away. Visit to such places always relax me and leaves a positive impact on my personality. Nature always do us a lot of favors but we are not much willing to be close to nature. 
If I think about Pallandri, then during my childhood, everywhere we will go, we will be accompanied with flowing waters from the mountains along the roads. 

We used to stop and swim in water, though now, I do not actually remember how to swim. When all my friends are jumping in swimming pool I am just sitting on side and enjoy my coffee. But believe me I was good at jumping from high rocks into the water and staying for long time underwater without any aid for breathing. That was actually a fun game for all the kids. 

The change in environment is effecting everything including beauty and waters of my Pallandri, Pollution is having adverse effect on the climate. Now we have to search for such sites, where we can see natural water flowing. There were plenty of natural resources of water but now, such sites are hardly visible. All of us are aware of importance of water. Water is our life and now, it is disappearing from face of earth. 

Pallandri was covered with trees and was surrounded by jungle of tall pine and cider trees with water flowing through its mountains and falling into River Jehlum at Azad Pattan. But unfortunately, extensive cutting and summer fire has damaged the jungle a lot. No one is interested in planting more trees but old are just cut and used. This too is affecting the cool, amazing weather of Pallandri.
I feel blessed for being the resident of the Kashmir but sadly,
we are destroying our heaven. Serious talks apart, just want to share few pictures, you can enjoy these pictures as I did. I hope you will love all of them and you will feel freshness in your soul as well. The magic of Kashmir is because of it's #‎hillyland‬ , air sings with the sound of  ‪#‎riverflow. ‬‪#‎kashmir‬ is truly a heaven on earth and no match of it's ‪#‎naturalbeauty‬ anywhere in the world. Many of my friends who traveled to Kashmir tell me that it is more beautiful than Switzerland. The only problem is lack of  facilities and difficulty to approach there because of long visa process.

Who ever have read this post I think must ‪#‎readyforcoldwater‬  and ‪#‎familytime‬. It helps us in many ways that we can not even count. 

I love this picture on left side. Is not it amazing how water can even shape the stone for its way?

Most of these pictures were taken at Khuirrata, Pallandri by one of my cousin Muazma Khan and few other friends. Thank you Siraj for sending me pictures and thank you Muazama for capturing beautiful scene.

What is the importance of being close to nature??? What affect such scenes have on our personality and life???? What is your opinion ???


I have created first picture using: http://apps.pixlr.com/express/

I find it such an amazing app. You can also try it. 
I have tried this app for the first time. Not sure how much more magic it has but I feel it easy to use. Hopefully I will explore it more. 

22 comments:

  1. I had heard of Kashmir, but knew little about it. The waterfall of Pallandri look beautiful, but to me, almost everything in nature is beautiful. It saddens me that more kids don't get to spend as much time in the woods. There's so much to be said to be out and just walking in the woods. It teaches people how to be in moment more than almost anything else I've encountered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeri for your time.
      You are right. As much we are getting far from the nature and are sinking in technology, I think our peace of mind is getting lost some where. It is important to be near nature as it gives us a chance to relax and also for me it gives me energy. Pallandri truly is a beautiful place and I enjoyed diving in it's waters but now the forests and waters are just disappearing.
      There are a lot of streams and waterfalls in Pallandri but unfortunately I just got these pictures.

      Delete
  2. I remember you writing about Kashmir previously and how families were divided by a river. These pictures of water show a totally different side. Let's hope and pray that Kashmir will soon unite and live in peace. Such a beautiful land shouldn't have such a sad situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lenie

      One day I came across that picture on facebook, shared by someone where families were chatting from across the banks of the river.
      I was thinking to share with you all but I lost that somewhere in news feed, unfortunately.
      I hope too that Kashmir will be united again, someday,,, SOON!
      I really appreciate your comment.

      Delete
  3. Nice picture of the Pallandri Waterfalls. There are much more to be discovered

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just returned from the Middle East where more than one population is divided by arbitrarily drawn lines following World War I. The beauty of nature is part of the patrimony we have to leave for our children. It pains me to see when this is carelessly despoiled. I hope the people in Pallandri wake up in time to save something of the beauty of the place for their children and grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Suzanne

      I think that now a days we do not think about, what we are leaving for our kids. It is true and its a sad aspect. I hope too that people will open eyes and save this natural beauty and heaven on earth.

      Delete
  5. It is so sad when people don't care about beautiful places being polluted. It happens so often in so many places. The pictures you shared are lovely. I was drawn to the last one, where the water had shaped the rock. I love things like that too. You are doing a good thing in drawing people's attention to the thoughtless destruction of beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Beth

      Thank you. I really appreciate your comment.
      I hope someday, my small voice will have some impact.
      Actually I do not have much data of pictures with me, someday I will show you some amazing photos, hopefully.

      Delete
  6. The pictures of the waterfalls in Palandri are beautiful. I can imagine it to be a very calming and peaceful environment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ken

      There are so many streams and waterfalls. the problem is, I started writing about Kashmir, when I am out of country from many years, so do not have much photos with me.
      Thank you for your time.
      I think the words "CALM & Peace" actually define, what I always feel there.

      Delete
  7. Kashmir is a truly beautiful place on earth. Have seen it and agree with you that the waterfalls in Palandri are spectacular. Pity there is a conflict otherwise it would make a splendid place for vacation. Sure it's safer to go to Kashmir than Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Jemen or Somalia. But unless you want scary adventures to be part of your holidays it's not a good place to go:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Catarina

      Actually the thing is, to enter in Azad Kashmir, one has to take special permission from foreign office and there is a long process, unless you are a official guest.

      Secondly, from my birth till date, there is not even a single bomb blast (By grace of God) in Kashmir. It's very peaceful. All that you see in Pakistan is just limited to that. Until now, people have just faced Earthquake of 2005 with magnitude of 7.6 rest, there is happiness and peace.

      If ever you got the chance to visit it, I will be happy if you will tell me, about your experience, I bet it will last for life time.

      Delete
  8. Kashmir is referred to as Heaven on earth. I would love to visit it sometime. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mina.

      You are right about that. I hope too that you will visit it some day. All the best and thank you for your time and comment.
      I really appreciate that.

      Delete
  9. The waterfall is really beautiful. There is something so peaceful about being near nature. I live in a city, and I just feel so at peace when I leave the city and see sprawling fields of grass and open water. It allows you to let go of much of the stress and just breath. Kashmir is beautiful. There is a huge drought where I live so I also appreciate the loss that comes when things aren't able to be preserved in the way they should be.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The water shaped that stone? Amazing! It looks man-made. This is a beautiful place, and brings me peace just looking at the pictures. I would love to hear the sounds of the waterfalls someday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the difficulty in getting into some areas, are also a blessing. I have seen to many wonders of nature that are easily traveled too, destroyed by those who travel to it. Thank you for sharing this article and the gorgeous pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love what you teach me about a part of the world I have never been to (yet!), Andleeb. Kashmir is incredibly beautiful. Each winter when I am stuck inside (by choice because I HATE BEING COLD, a little part of my soul dies. When it is finally spring, as it has been this last week, I head outside like a crazy person! I can't wait to play in the soil, till it up for new plants, weed out old plants--in general, get as dirty as a three year old. Being close to nature is simply a part of who I am--thanks for reminding me of that as I get ready to attack my yard again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't swim either, Anna, so I'll have to join you with a cup of coffee on the sidelines, where the view is probably better anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such beautiful photos. Thanks so much for sharing. I wish more people could understand how important it is keeping nature intact for others and for the earth.

    ReplyDelete