Friday 30 January 2015

Motivation: #Life

Life changes with each day, some days are; when we are very energetic and active and at times we all lack motivation and desire to do anything. We are easily distracted and fear failure. Ultimately, put off our tasks.

If we are not motivated we cannot do our work with interest. Motivation is result of both internal and external factors like; needs, goals and expectations that stimulate the desire to do something.


This word cloud is generated by using www.jasondavies.com


“We can say that motivation is a force that drives us to do something.”

There are so many theories in the world about motivation. But I think there is a lot of motivation in religion. When we worship our Lord without any material gain, I think this is also a powerful motivator in itself.  

As a Muslim I can write about few of sources of motivation in Islam.
  • Quran (Holy Book )
  • Hadith ( Way of Prophet Muhammad P.B.U.H)
  • Nature
  • Life after Death.

Islam always teach us to do good and tells us about the rewards that are kept for us in this life and here after. If we think about the rewards then it keeps us going.

With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts ­ Eleanor Roosevelt

How to be motivated?
Believe it or not, all of us have motivated our self many times in life. So, we do not need to go out to get it, but it is inside us, we have to find it or wake it up. At times you have to As a human we love to start new things in our life. It gives us a sense of freshness, hope, courage, confidence and excitement depending upon the case. That is why we are always happy and excited about our new jobs, meeting new people and going to a new place.

You can have  and  if you try to;
  •  do something new and different with every passing moment of life.
  • –  to be one that can help society and humanity in every possible way.
  •  work hard to raise the standards of your life and nation as a whole.
  •  help your country grow.

These actions can help us to get some energy and  when we feel down.

The secret of getting ahead is getting started – Mark Twain

Remember:

I believe that we feel down or less motivated or even not motivated at all when we cannot think about rewards and success. These are triggers that stimulate our motivation. If we remember that;
  • All the good deeds that we can do to benefit our; religion, country or nation can be key to success here and here after.
  • All the prayers in front of Allah can be source of peace, satisfaction and fulfillment.
These are the best rewards that we can have, when we will keep eye on these rewards our each new day will give us a new start and desire to do something new and amazing.

What to do?

With the passage of time and on the basis of experience we must ingrain gradually new attitude towards things in us. When we will keep on changing our way of looking at things. Every time we will find something new in everything. It will give us a feel of freshness like we are starting a new thing. We will be excited and motivated, with a strong will power to do something new and good to benefit us and others.

We must understand the value of discipline in our life, if we are disciplined it can bring a lot of success and motivation.

If we want something, we have to work for it. There is no short cut or magical way for it. We have to overcome our fear and use it to advantage us and give strength. If we see a snake, we get frightened, we have to run from there or kill it (in critical situation) to save our life.

Exercise to motivate :
  • Clear your mind from negative thoughts.
  • If you have put off a difficult task, it is like humans. All you need now, is to, try and complete all pending tasks that have lowered your energy level. Sometimes we put off task and later when we start, feel that easy and finally finish it. We think for a while about the delay and say, “ Why I was putting this off?”
  • We have challenges in life and try to avoid them, but today, try to challenge your challenge.
  • Always try to keep an eye on the end. No matter how you start, when you will finish the task, it will bring a lot of happiness as reward. To get that reward forget about the fears and get started.
  •  Above all, in times of depression, when you feel you lack motivation, a silent prayer or time with God (Almighty Allah); a bow, can bring all the lost energy and motivation back within a second. He is the one who knows; all the feeling and causes of depression and is only one who can fix things and has solution of our every problem and can give peace and motivation to us.

Now it's your turn to tell what you do to keep yourself motivated?

Please do not forget to share with your friends. Sharing is caring. 

22 comments:

  1. I admit that I have problems getting started sometimes. I think it comes from a fear of failure---a misguided thought that if I don't try, I can't fail. Of course, in fact, not starting actually guarantees failure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Suzanne

      You are right. We all have fear to start things and this is all because of thought of failure. I believe if we try hard we can never fail, we can learn something new with each try. We must not forget what Edison said while inventing first light bulb.
      "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
      Before trying we do not know, we can win too, but the condition is jumping in and getting started....
      Thank you for your time.

      Delete
  2. I always try to keep my end goal in mind. Sometimes that is hard, if that goal seems so far in the future, but I try to take baby steps and them think of wonderful it will be to achieve that goal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I don't do something I get stressed out, so for me moving ahead is definitely the better choice. I guess what that means is not wanting to be stressed is what keeps me motivated ot keep moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great post! I love it. The problem is when people around you are not motivated and it makes you not want to be motivated. Staying positive and not feeding into other people's behaviors/beliefs/emotions seem to help me stay motivated. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My main motivation comes from the words - 'If not now... then when?'

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are a lot of different, great points in this post. I think it is easier to stay motivated if you are working at something you really care about, but even then there are times motivation sags. For me I find I get discouraged when I think I am making very little progress. Reflection, prayer, and short breaks doing something else can help re-motivate. Refocusing on why I am doing something and recounting small successes helps too, as to reading positive stories from other people. If there is a hard, unpleasant task I am dreading, I find it helps to just tackle it first and get it out of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I make lists to keep myself on track and schedule tasks in my daily calendar. That helps me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. IN reading your list of the Muslim sources of motivation it occurred to me that they are substantially the same for other religions. Different religions have different holy books and different prophets but as a source of motivation they have the same impact.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have motivation issues some days. Just where I don't feel like doing anything. It usually passes. I just attribute it to being in a funk that day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. For me, if I am first inspired, then motivation comes. Inspiration comes from inside (intrinsic). It sometimes is ignited by my seeing or hearing something that instantly resonates with my heart and soul. I get excited with the knowing that this "thing" represents something very special for me to do.

    Motivation is an outside matter (extrinsic). Though money is a common motivator, it generally doesn't work for me. Recognition often does--my being able to prove to myself and to others that I can accomplish what I set out to do. I have to be super disciplined. When I get in a funk, I have conversations with God/Higher Self; the messages are always very understanding, nurturing and encouraging. If they were otherwise (scolding myself), I'd get into an even deeper funk.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The only thing that's certain in life is that everything's uncertain. Action speaks louder than words. If you can't motivate yourself you most likely are not doing something you find worth while. Or you paralyze yourself by worrying. How about converting worrying time to action time?:-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nature definitely provides my main source of motivation. I'm not particularly religious, but interested in the tenets of all religions. The King quote is so important for a motivational mindset. One of my favorite quotes is from J. R. R. Tolkien: "Little by little, one travels far."

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think for a lot of people, it is a lot easier to start a task than to finish it. Once they encounter a roadblock or an obstacle, the motivation leaves and they move on to something else. I've definitely been guilty of that in my past. I read a quote a couple years ago that many people quit right when they are on the cusp of finding success. That keeps me motivated to move forward and to not give up

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think motivation, is a big word for just living. The fact is, the issue is not motivation, but being afraid to live. Of not doing things, because you think you are not worthy to, or afraid of failure.
    I think you mentioned some major points in accomplishing the ability to live: A deep moral interior, and the acceptance and following of a force greater than you. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's so hard to stay motivated. Next thing you know you're on Social Media seeing how everyone else is getting motivated and by the time your motivation bucket is full something comes up and you lose your motivation. This is the 21st Century, we need a motivation pill.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My motivation is getting up in the morning and seizing the opportunity. After having breast cancer, and a survivor, life is my motivation. You don't realize how precious it is when you know it can be taken away.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I create list. I also tell myself that if I don't do it, it will never get done.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like, "Challenge Your Challenge," as a new perspective. Good way to think about challenging that which challenges me the most. I'm a Christian and awakened on this 10degree F, morning (I hate being cold) with thanks to God for a glowing full moon through the window, a warm roof over my head and a comfortable bed to lie in--knowing that too many do not have those things. Thank you for another inspiring post.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am a goal oriented person. I plan ahead and make lists. If I find that I am not making progress, that's where my motivation can waver. Sometimes it's just taking baby steps that helps me see progress and get motivated again.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Anna,

    I experience dips in motivation here and there, but I try to remind myself of how rewarding it feels to stay proactive and optimistic. It's more draining to take a back seat approach and wait for things to fall into place. I like the tips you featured because they're all doable and beneficial. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Searching for the best motivational videos on the internet is an art. Because the internet is packed with different types of videos that are made in order to motivate viewers, you will of course need to know how to find the one that will truly motivate you. Speaker

    ReplyDelete